Our services usually take place in Humbie Church on Sundays at 9.30am. Children are very welcome to come along to the services (and we have colouring books for younger ones at the door).
Once every three months, and for special services, we also join together with our linked congregation of Yester, Bolton and Saltoun Church for worship.
On the first Sunday of each month, we gather after the service for coffee, tea and delicious home baking in the Stables, next to the church yard.
We usually celebrate communion in May and November, as well as on Maundy Thursday, and have shorter celebrations of Holy Communion at the end of the Service of the Word in February and August.
The services for the next weeks are as follows (all led by the Rev Anikó Schütz Bradwell, unless indicated otherwise):
- 5 January, 9.30am, Epiphany service in Humbie Church, followed by coffees and teas
- 12 January, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
- 19 January, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church with the celebration of Holy Baptism
- 26 January, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
- 2 February, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church, followed by coffees and teas
- 9 February, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
- 16 February, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church, followed by a short celebration of Holy Communion
- 23 February, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
- 26 February, 7pm, Joint Evening Service in Yester Church
- 1 March, 9.30am, First Lent Sunday, All age service in Humbie Church, followed by coffees and teas
- 8 March, 9.30am, Second Lent service in Humbie Church
- 15 March, 9.30am, Third Lent service in Humbie Church
- 22 March, 9.30am, Fourth Lent service in Humbie Church
- 29 March, 9.30am, Joint fifth Lent service in Humbie Church
Every eight weeks, we are holding an Evening Service, jointly with Yester, Bolton and Saltoun Church. These services are sometimes more reflective, sometimes more creative, and all are welcome to attend.
The next ones will take place
We are pleased to offer the use of our church buildings and the service of the Minister for the marriage of members of the congregation, their families and anyone who lives within the community who wishes to make Christian vows of love and faithfulness.
If you would like to get married in our church, please contact the Minister who is happy to discuss your plans on an informal basis, before making any other arrangements.
If you would like your child or yourself to be baptised in our church, please contact the Minister to make further arrangements.
Our congregation usually gathers for worship on Sunday morning, 9.30am in Humbie Church. We will usually celebrate the sacrament of Holy Baptism as part of this service. Your family and friends are very welcome to join us in this celebration.
Find out more about different aspects of worship and church life on the Resourcing Mission website.