Our services usually take place in Humbie Church on Sundays at 9.30am. Although we currently don't have a Sunday School, children are very welcome to come along to the services (and we have colouring books for younger ones at the door).
Once every three months, and for special services, we also join together with our linked congregation of Yester, Bolton and Saltoun Church for worship.
On the first Sunday of each month, we gather after the service for coffee, tea and delicious home baking in the Stables, next to the church yard.
We usually celebrate communion in May and November, as well as on Maundy Thursday, and have shorter celebrations of Holy Communion at the end of the Service of the Word in February and August.
The services for the next weeks are as follows (all led by all led by the Rev Anikó Schütz Bradwell, unless indicated otherwise):
- 3 March, 9.30am, Sunday service at Humbie Church, followed by coffees and teas
- 10 March, First Sunday in Lent, 9.30am, Sunday service at Humbie Church, led by the Rev John Fraser
- 17 March, Second Sunday in Lent, 9.30am, Sunday service at Humbie Church
- 24 March, Third Sunday in Lent, 9.30am, Sunday service at Humbie Church
- 31 March, Fourth Sunday in Lent, 11am, Joint Sunday service at Yester Church, with coffees and teas beforehand
- 7 April, Fifth Sunday in Lent, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church, followed by coffees and teas
- 14 April, Palm Sunday, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
- 18 April, 7pm, Joint Maundy Thursday Evening service in Saltoun Church, with the celebration of Holy Communion
- 19 April, 7pm, Joint Good Friday Evening service in Humbie Church
- 21 April, 9.30am, Easter Sunday service in Humbie Church, with an Easter Egg Hunt for the children
- 28 April, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church, led by the Rev Jim Black
Every six weeks, we are holding an Evening Service, usually alternating between Wednesday and Sunday evenings and jointly with Yester, Bolton and Saltoun Church.
The next ones will take place
We are pleased to offer the use of our church buildings and the service of the Minister for the marriage of members of the congregation, their families and anyone who lives within the community who wishes to make Christian vows of love and faithfulness.
If you would like to get married in our church, please contact the Minister who is happy to discuss your plans on an informal basis, before making any other arrangements.
If you would like your child or yourself to be baptised in our church, please contact the Minister to make further arrangements.
Our congregation usually gathers for worship on Sunday morning, 9.30am in Humbie Church. We will usually celebrate the sacrament of Holy Baptism as part of this service. Your family and friends are very welcome to join us in this celebration.
Find out more about different aspects of worship and church life on the Resourcing Mission website.