Our services usually take place in Humbie Church on Sundays at 9.30am. Although we currently don't have a Sunday School, children are very welcome to come along to the services (and we have colouring books for younger ones at the door).
Once every three months, and for special services, we also join together with our linked congregation of Yester, Bolton and Saltoun Church for worship.
On the first Sunday of each month, we gather after the service for coffee, tea and delicious home baking in the Stables, next to the church yard.
We usually celebrate communion in May and November, as well as on Maundy Thursday, and have shorter celebrations of Holy Communion at the end of the Service of the Word in February and August.
The services for the next weeks are as follows (all led by the Rev Anikó Schütz Bradwell, unless indicated otherwise):
- 10 November, 10.45am, Remembrance service, starting at the War Memorial and continuing in Humbie Church
- 17 November, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
- 24 November, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church, led by the Rev John Smith
- 1 December, 9.30am, First Advent service in Humbie Church, followed by coffees and teas
- 8 December, 9.30am, Second Advent service in Humbie Church
- 15 December, 9.30am, Third Advent service in Humbie Church, with Nine Lessons and Carols
- 15 December, 4pm, Blue Christmas service in Humbie Church, for all who have lost a loved one and are missing them especially at Christmas time
- 22 December, 9.30am, Fourth Advent service in Humbie Church
- 24 December, 4pm, Nativity service in Humbie Church, followed by refreshments
- 24 December, 11.30pm, Watchnight service in Humbie Church
- 25 December, 10.30am, Joint Christmas service in Humbie Church
- 29 December, 11am, Joint end-of-year service in Saltoun Church
- 5 January, 9.30am, Epiphany service in Humbie Church, followed by coffees and teas
- 12 January, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
- 19 January, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
- 26 January, 9.30am, Sunday service in Humbie Church
Every six weeks, we are holding an Evening Service, usually alternating between Wednesday and Sunday evenings and jointly with Yester, Bolton and Saltoun Church.
The next ones will take place at 7pm
We are pleased to offer the use of our church buildings and the service of the Minister for the marriage of members of the congregation, their families and anyone who lives within the community who wishes to make Christian vows of love and faithfulness.
If you would like to get married in our church, please contact the Minister who is happy to discuss your plans on an informal basis, before making any other arrangements.
If you would like your child or yourself to be baptised in our church, please contact the Minister to make further arrangements.
Our congregation usually gathers for worship on Sunday morning, 9.30am in Humbie Church. We will usually celebrate the sacrament of Holy Baptism as part of this service. Your family and friends are very welcome to join us in this celebration.
Find out more about different aspects of worship and church life on the Resourcing Mission website.